Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What size credit union benefits from CUMU webinars and workshops?
The topics, material and tools provided address issues that apply to all credit unions, regardless of size. Each webinar or workshop focuses on marketing strategies and the financial impact of marketing on the credit union as a whole.
Students will study methods to create marketing plans and promotions that support the strategic goals of the organization and use spreadsheet tools to calculate return on investment (ROI) and determine break-even for marketing promotions.
Q: What topics are covered?
There are recorded webinars, live events, coaching phone calls and Excel worksheets and other handout materials. Here are some of the webinar topics:
• Creating Your Marketing Dashboard
• Building Non-Interest Income
• How to Buy Media in Today's Congested Marketplace
• Creating a Sales Approach with Business Development & Community Involvement
• Building the Strategic Marketing Plan
• Budgeting, Benchmarking & Tracking Costs
• Measuring Marketing Effectiveness
• The Bottom Line Understanding of Credit Union Financials
• Gathering Support for Marketing Initiatives
• CEO Panel - Pitching the President
• How to Market Your Ideas
Return to Top
Q: Should I participate in the webinar training even though I am not in management?
Yes, if you are responsible for planning, executing or managing marketing at the credit union, you will benefit from the training, information, interaction, and tools received, regardless of your level of authority.
Q: I just started at the credit union; do I need more experience to benefit from the programs offered?
No, in fact if you have not been at a credit union or been involved with marketing, you may be more open-minded to new ideas. You will not only get a marketing foundation, you will also gain an understanding of the "numbers" side of the credit union that will help you to be successful very quickly.
Return to Top